GREAT NEWS.......Tonbridge SC will be delivering the Start Para Swimming Programme as a Hub Club for Swim England South East from January 2020........
Start Para Swimming Programme
This is an early notice to KCASA affiliated clubs and potential Para Disability Swimmers of a Start Para Swimming Programme
Tonbridge Swimming Club will be delivering the programme as a Hub Club for Swim England South East. The programme is aimed towards swimmers with disabilities who:
- are aged approximately between 6 years to early teens
- are at Swim England National Plan for Teaching Swimming Stage 3 or above (swimming in shallow learner pool to having recently moved to 25m length swimming)
- would eventually want to enter a mainstream swimming club to further their swimming once they have passed through the Start Para Swimming Programme
- want to develop their swimming to a higher level and eventually perhaps become classified to allow them to compete at Para events
The course details are yet to be finalised but Tonbridge Swimming Club can confirm that the programme will:
- start in January 2020
- is planned to run 18:00-19:00 on Fridays at Tonbridge Swimming Pool, Castle Street, Tonbridge TN9 1HR
- will initially run just during school term times
- have a limited number of places
Costs are yet to be confirmed but are subsidised by Swim England for 2020 so will be good value!
To register your interest at at this early stage, please sign up for a trial using this Request a Trial link on our home page, making it clear in the 'medical details' or 'swimming experience' sections that it is the Start Para Swimming Programme you are interested in.