Who are Tonbridge Masters?
Tonbridge Masters are the Masters swimmers from Tonbridge Swimming Club (swimmers aged 18 and over).
What is Masters Swimming?
- Masters are comprised of swimmers who are between the age of 18-24 ("Open" age group) and 25 and above ("Masters").
- Masters Competitions are held across the country and we especially target some main events local to our area and the Club Championships (see Masters Events).
- Masters training is also suitable for those competing in triathlons or other multidiscipline events involving swimming as well as those just wanting to improve their swimming.
- It is hoped that Masters will support the club, encourage younger swimmers, be prepared to assist at galas, attend and assist at other events and actively participate in fundraising for the club. We aim to be a sociable bunch so do come along and try it out.
- Gold, Silvers & Bronzes at recent SER Champs
- Various Kent Champions this year
- Various Kent record holders
- Representatives swimming for Kent Masters in Inter County Champs
- Entrants into Lake Coniston, River Dart and various other Open Water events
- Medalists in recent Triathlon events
- Relay Silver Medal at the National Masters Championships in Swansea (June 2014)
- Fastest 5,000m Swimathon Team time in the UK in 2013 (56min 09 seconds) and fastest again in 2014
- Having a laugh at the same time as all the above!
When Do we Train?
- Tuesday at Tonbridge Town Pool from 9 to 10pm
- Thursday at Tonbridge School Pool from 9 to 10pm
- Friday at Tonbridge Town Pool;from 9 to 10pm
- Sunday at Walthamstow School Pool from 7 to 8.30pm
For a list of events (Open Meets, Open Water swims, social events etc...), please see the Masters Events Page
The Club operates a system whereby you can join us for 3 weeks of trial sessions before you are required to join the Club as a member.
You need to be over 18 years of age and be able to swim 400m. Coach's decision is final.
Tonbridge SC Masters Representative is:
Kirsty Alfredson is the Masters Representative on the TSC Committee.