Tonbridge Swimming Club
The Aim of the Club
Our aim is to provide a safe and healthy environment for the coaching and development of swimming and to provide the opportunity and the encouragement which enables all of its members to reach their full potential within the sport of swimming wether for fitness or for competition.
We believe that there are many benefits to be gained from participating in organised sport and our objective is to provide a situation in which every member can achieve success and attain their full potential as a swimmer and as a person.
Success can be measured in many ways. Not everyone will win medals, but everyone can achieve the satisfying feeling of success in the form of:
- Striving to improve performance. We place great importance on personal best times.
- The satisfaction of a job well done.
- Regular attendance at sessions and hard work produces a feeling of well being in knowing that you have done your best. "Be the best that you can be".
- Representing your club in competitions at local, county, regional and national level.
- Being a good club member, enjoying the feeling of belonging to a strong and successful club and knowing each one of you has contributed to that success.
Some of the more obvious benefits to be gained from participation in our training programme are:
- Physical fitness and a feeling of well being.
- Personal confidence which develops as a young person experiences success.
- A sense of discipline and a positive attitude which will carry over into other aspects of life.
- Social benefits to be gained from meeting with people from different areas.
- The ability to accept and deal with both success and failure.
- The enjoyment to be gained from joining with other young people in our training sessions.
Motivation must come from within yourself. We have created a situation in which the Tonbridge Swimming Club can excel. Whether or not you become a champion depends in part upon your ability but equally importantly upon your attitude to the opportunities the club provides. In the end, you are each responsible for your own level of achievement.